View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #123 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the tip-in thing with lean fueling is definitely part of the problem on the stock setup. I somewhat remedied that on my car by going over to the A:F tables and making things a little over-rich in the low RPMs at low throttle. Upside is there's fuel available for that tip-in, downside is I get some occasional backfires when transitioning from engine braking back to neutral throttle at low RPMs and low throttle input (e.g. engine braking gently down to a stoplight and popping into neutral just as it's reaching the point where the engine would naturally start to lug out for being too low. If I don't time it just right, nice little fireball pops down the exhaust).

Are you saying you corrected your lean spots in that same A:F table, or elsewhere?