View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
GaleForce, how do you like your new clutch? Can you give alittle review about it? Did the install go smooth?
I have only put 150 miles on the clutch. I need to do 300-400 miles of stop-and-go driving for proper break in.

It took the guys at AMS (Toronto) 1 to 1.5 days to install it. Unfortunately they had problems bleeding the system and 98% of my drive home was with a dead clutch pedal. They told me they'll look after re-bleeding the clutch in the spring if I can't make it better myself.

I only heard clutch chatter once. That was when I got home after the install. There was air in the clutch system, that might have been the issue. I bled the system myself at the Clutch Master Cylinder, but could only drive around the block because I don't have full insurance on it (garaged for winter)

Initial clutch feeling is good, slightly heavier than stock. I have to wait until spring to really test things.

I will post my thoughts about it in the spring when the car comes back out.

I also have a RJM Performance clutch pedal assembly. I'm going to hold off installing that until I break the clutch in. I want to make sure the clutch is good to go before I change anything else related to it. Unless I can install the new clutch pedal assembly and have it in a "stock/factory" set up.