View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
wj4
Base Member

Drives: BMW 335i
wj4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Starts at $35K, which seems a little pricey. I'm not a huge fan of convertibles since you can only use one a month out of the year here, but I know I use to kill those things in my 02 trans am, and the 370 is a smidgen quicker than my TA was.
I wasn't aware that the S2k had more than 1 trim, not counting the CR edition which came out towards the end of the life cycle.

I almost bought one back in '05, and I got quoted at $31k OTD for any S2k instock. I was about to go buy it, but I drove my friend's new Evo..2 days later, I also got an Evo, lol.

I still think the transmission in that car is the best in any car I've driven, regardless of price. So buttery smooth. I would like to say that it's the best I4 engine, but I have to give that title to the 4G63.

AK- that's exactly what I said. If you're below 5k RPM, it feels like a Civic so those who are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic may not be able to appreciate much.

During the SoCal nights, I still fiend for a white s2k with red interior. But that car would be even more impractical than the Z to daily drive in.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote