View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Review -

i have had my intakes on and driven the car for the past couple days. figured it was now about time to write up some thoughts about them so far.

initial start up was interesting before i put in the tune. i see why they say the MAF table adjustment is needed lol. but after a quick upload of the provided ROM file from john at Akuma it was running like a champ. to be honest i did have to call john since i couldnt get the tune to run at first with a message sayin voltage too high buttttttt i was just dumb and forgot my headlight were on auto

after i got the tune on and let it run for awhile i went out for a ride with my pops. went down to a long straight road by my house and dropped the hammer. the butt dyno was def happy. had me stuck in the seat more than before and the extra HP was easily felt. almost felt like a bit better throttle response and smoother power curve. i think john may have given me a mini base tune as well as the MAF but he didnt say if he did anything else besides the MAF table.

from the turn at the light i smashed the pedal and after a few shifts i hit a certain speed that i cant say since we cant speak of anything illegal on the streets here lol but i still got stopped at the following light by the chief of police in that town just warned me since he wasnt actually running a speed trap and not in his actual town lol. i think i just disturbed his lunch

anyways....lol

overall i am very pleased with the performance gains so far. since the weather is gonna turn for the worst here in PA soon i think the Z is going into hibernation at the end of this week. i'm thinking whenever i pull it out in spring and run it a bit i'll head for a dyno session. unfortunately i never had it on a dyno for any base numbers but for me it's all about current numbers. plus i didn't feel like spending money before to know what my car was stock lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony

Last edited by FPenvy; 11-20-2012 at 02:59 PM.
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote