View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
370Zwolf
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Pack 6MT BP
370Zwolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo View Post
And what's the story behind the funny slogan on your plate: "Jet noise, the sound of freedom"?
I have to think of you driving around the area near Frankfurt (where I live), where a lot of people would get really annoyed by this
In the mid-'90ies I served in the Luftwaffe.
In 2006, I found this plateholder at a merchandising booth in the Netherlands while visiting the RNLAF Opendaagen at Leeuwarden Airbase.
I went there because it was the first time in 30 years that the USN Blue Angels displayed in Europe.

I live very close to and work at Munich airport, Germany´s second largest after Frankfurt.
I bought the holder and now finally put it on for my own pure pleasure.
But of course, I have certain beliefs that stand behind me liking the plateholder.

- Most Germans unjustifiedly take their freedom and peace for granted and generaly look down upon their military as an almost unneccessay and outdated profession.

- In the regions around Frankfurt and Munich airports people tend to forget whom they owe their wealth or jobs, directly or indirectly.
Farmers around Erding and Freising were able to stop working and became millionaires just by selling their land to housing projects when the airport was opened in 1992.
Now all surrounding communities are fighting against the planned 3rd runway.
They ignore why they are amongst the richest communities in Germany and those with the lowest unemployment rate despite global crisis.
FRAPORT is Germany´s largest employer, employee number wise.
Frankfurt would not be Germany´s and continental Europe´s financial center without Rhein/Main International.
Still, the whole region fights its airport for over 40 years.

People are stupid.
If someone is stupid enough to touch my Z for the plateholder slogan, he´s up for some Darwinian extinction.

Last edited by 370Zwolf; 09-17-2009 at 06:47 AM.
370Zwolf is offline   Reply With Quote