View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean View Post
So I guess the question is, where is this harness going from the seats to the console hidden in a non-touring model? The wiring harness is there under the seat, but I don't know where it's hidden (in the dash or somewhere beneath the carpet). And, does this hidden harness have the heated seat wiring connectors for the switches?
My harness is attached to the seat frame and then goes under the carpet. I didn't pull up the carpet to check the harness routing, but, according to the FSMs, the connector on the other end of the harness is in the center console. I could not swear that the harness doesn't physically go to the door sill first. I'm assuming that they took they shortest possible route and the harness passes either in front of or behind the seat rails and then heads straight for the console.

It would take more digging than I have time for right now to verify this, but I believe the heater switches have their own connector with power in and outputs to heating pads. You can look at the SE FSM under the System Wiring and Terminal Layout sections to get a better idea of how the switches/heaters are wired. Seatbelt and airbag info are in the SBC and SRC sections, respectively.

Edit: Keep in mind that I am only going by what I read in the FSMs. I've never attempted a project like this nor am I 100% sure that I am interpreting the FSMs properly. I'm just trying to give you some hints until someone that knows what they are talking about shows up.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 11-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote