View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
stevent85
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370Z NISMO
stevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorderos23 View Post
I use forex.com not sure what forex striker is. Most forex charge a spread. Like say you by the dollar against then yen at 79.261 the sell for the dollar will be about 1.2 pips lower at 79.249. Win or lose the forex dealer gets their money. And first starting out I highly recommend doing mini lots(10000 of currency). Some recommend turning your leverage rate down from a 50:1 to a 20:1. But I personally never had a problem with it. Opening a practice account is your best bet. Also picking a few pairs to start with like USD/JPY or GBP/USD for starters, and seeing what economic data it's sensitive to. If you pick USD/JPY what for treasury data in the next 48 hrs, cause USD/JPY is very sensitive to Us Treasury data.
yea ive been reading alot lately and keep reading that opening a practice account is a must for newbs. will start a practice account later today when im off work. what brokerage do you use if you dont mind me asking? and what made you choose them?
stevent85 is offline   Reply With Quote