Thread: Project RB-Z
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #168 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Finally I an say car is in final stage of completion

As I did the paint job almost 10 months back and car was roaming from workshop to workshop there were minor damages to paint so found it better to get it resprayed it all over again and move to fixing parts.

It was painted on Thursday and today they were doing polishing, should be done by wednesday and installation of parts will start

I am doing a custom center console in the dash, it was like this

Now I close the whole middle part, it will have the map light then airduct, then different lights and switches along with starter button and then the gauges

There are four LED lights for High Beam, Turn Indicators, Hand Brake & Seatbelt ( had extra so using it), then four switches one for fan, AC, rear defogger and hazzard. I moved the big AC controller in the glove box for a cleaner look.

Middle console I got it repaired was broken in three pieces with cracks. Upper part will have SST audio face and after will have HKS Boost controller. Then both the parts will be wrapped in carbon fiber

I have been collecting lots of small parts over past months

I am changing all the rubbers front windscreen, rear, main door strip, upper door strip, lower door strip and two small rubbers on each corners. Will be changing all rubbers for quarter windows inner, outer and straight one. I also got cowl and three piece hatch rubber kit as well. Rear headlight rubbers seals are there as well and also got window channel rubber from Datsun Bluebird hopefully it will fit as well. So finally everything will be replaced

Also got all OEM Nissan clips and pins and all small rubbers for trunk, hood struts, battery holder, horn, wiper blades etc. Got clear small fender lights and window opener from Singapore

New door handles and hood badge

Also ordered some custom 240z engraved SS kick plates from UK

Old Vs New

For audio there was no place for a normal headunit so I ordered SST Secret Audio unit, its a small display unit and rest goes under the seat and have a radio frequency remote which can operate upto 5 meter distance. It plays radio, SD card, USB and iPod connectivity.

Some stock chrome pieces like AC vent for middle part and Ash tray was in bad shape so did some polishing with Brasso FTW

Before

After one hour of scrubbing and polishing

Before

This still under process as inside part needs to be painted so will spray paint it silver.

Other interior panels had cracks in it as well so I will be repairing it with epoxy resin then sand it and spray matt black.

I have a carpet kit coming on thursday and CF fender flares this weekend as well. Will post more details by this weekend.
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote