View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is when I purchased it,

gf370z by J M Gale, on Flickr

And now it looks like this,

IMG_0937 by J M Gale, on Flickr

It didn't take long for the mod bug to take over. First upgrade was Berk Technology HFC (high flow catalytic) and CBE (catalytic back exhaust).

I did i write-up for the exhaust with plenty of pictures. You can read it here,
My Berk Technology HFC and CBE experience

IMG_0999 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Next Mod was Swift springs. I installed them near the end of October 2011 just before I put the car into storage. Here's how it looks after the Swift springs were installed,

Cleaned Up by J M Gale, on Flickr

The next day I drove to SG Motorsports and had them tune the car with UpRev and also fix up my alignment. Here are the results,

Dyno by J M Gale, on Flickr

Alignment by J M Gale, on Flickr

While the car was in storage I installed a TWM short shifter and TWM leather shifter boot. I did a DIY for the install. Tons of good pictures here,

DIY - TWM short shifter leather shifter boot

Next I ordered a set of Carbon B-pillars from EVO-R. They arrived with a manufactured defect and this began my run of poor customer service with various supporting vendors from this forum. There was zero communication from EVO-R and I needed to file a claim through PayPal. I did eventually get a refund, less the cost of shipping the parts back.

Unfortunately, this defect would not be hidden by and trim and would be visible 100% of the time. This is what the issue was,

DSC_0272 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Next mod while in storage was Whiteline Front and Rear swaybars with rear end links.

Front,

IMG_5484 by J M Gale, on Flickr

DSC_0551 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Rear,

IMG_5493 by J M Gale, on Flickr

IMG_5494 by J M Gale, on Flickr

DSC_0555 by J M Gale, on Flickr

When spring finally came (early 2012) I did an extensive restorative detail including full paint correction and applying high heat wax to the brake calipers and wheels. Full write-up with lots of pictures here,

Bespoke Details 370z - paint correction detail pictureheavy

Last edited by GaleForce; 04-14-2013 at 09:43 PM.
GaleForce is offline   Reply With Quote