View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #132 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
As I was set to buy a 2006 350Z. My wife said no....... So I was going to buy an Altima. She said no.....I drove the car home to show my wife and she went nuts. She started screaming....She wouldn't budge. Any advice?
Yea..grow a pair.....If you let her handle the money then you are a fool....First off let me say nowhere...and I mean nowhere does it say anywhere that the guy has to give his wife the paycheck or let her handle the financial responsibilities in a marriage.

When I got married 14 years ago my wife said she would take care of being the bill payment maker in the household. I told her that I was perfectly capable of doing that job myself. I told her in no uncertain terms that I was NOT going to be handing her my paychecks as I earned and I will pay the household bills. I then turned around and also stated that I expect to receive from her every paycheck of hers that fraction of money out of each of her paychecks relative to our respective earnings.

When I bought the 1997 Cobra Mustang she didn't say anything. A year later I bought her a new van she wanted. After two years she began make noise about the Cobra. I eventually sold it ti shut her mouth up. I bought an XTerra at that time. After 3 years in the XTerra I saw the new (at that time) 2003 Mustang Cobra with the stock blower. I mentioned it to her and she said "NO". I turned right around that next weekend and went out and traded the XTerra and bought the 2003 Cobra Mustang and laid $4000 down.

I brought it home and she blew her top. I proceded to to her that the first time she bitched, moaned and groaned over the 1997 Cobra, I got rid of it much to my consternation. I said that I didn't want to hear a damn thing about the 2003 Cobra because if she does this time she is the one whom I am going to put out the door.

She said I wouldn't dare...and I came right back and said watch me. I then told her that I raised 5 kids of hers without an ounce of child support coming in from her ex. I also stated that I had a new 2000 sq-foot house built for us and all new furniture for the entire new house. I have made sure that all bills have been paid and food on the table. And I am the one that bought her a 2006 XTerra to replaced the aged van. And I was able to do all that by working my damn *** off since the day we got married.

I then told her there will never be a day in this marriage where she will ever say to me again NO when I want something for myself because I sure as hell earned every damn penny of it and then some.

She made some grumbles when I bought my 370Z but all I said to her was remember what I told you several years ago...I reminder her to not even make the mistake of thinking I wouldn't put her out.

My paycheck is my money...I worked for it...I earned it....I'm the one that paid for my entire college and graduated with a degree so I could make better money back in the 70's while she was out spreading her legs and having 5 kids by 2 other men - the kids I all ended up raising in those 14 years. So I'm the one who is going to control how it gets spent....because I did my g-damn time!!!!

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 09-17-2009 at 07:54 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote