View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlander View Post
Steve, the Stillen CBE was initially my first choice and now may end up being what I go with. I'll just have find a place to install it. Is a ECU tune required with that set up, and if not, why, when it's required with the Nismo exhaust. Upgrades seemed less complicated during my 5.0 LX days!

Also read that there were some installation/rattle issues with the Stillen CBE mounts?
With basic bolt ons an ECU tune is not required. We have an adaptive/smart ECU which does a pretty good job of "learning" bolt on mods. That's not to say a real dyno tune isn't going to be beneficial... it is, but it's not necessary.

I don't know who told you that the Nismo CBE requireda tune. That's simply untrue.

As far as the Stillen CBE rattling... I think that issue has been fixed. Some of their earlier runs did not fit well and made contact with parts of the car where they shouldn't have. I think they fixed that. I'd definitely check out all of the other CBEs available just to make sure you get the best one for you. I ended up going with FI and should have it late this week or next.

Good to see another Mustang guy on the boards. Surprisingly there are a lot of us here!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote