View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Should be able to find them at most car dealers or auto parts store. From what I've seen over the years, the nipple/cap is pretty standard (like valves/caps for wheels), so a cap for just about any flavor car should work.

If you just have to have OEM, call around to Nissan dealers in your area and find a knowledgeable parts person. I've had small items like that given to me free or extremely cheap because they had been sitting on the shelf for a long time (most ppl aren't as obsessive about such things heehee).

Hit the nearest junkyard.

Edit: Try calling local car mechanics. They may have some laying in the bottom of a toolbox, left over from a brake job.

While you're at the parts store, grab a small (toothbrush size) brass wire brush. Give the sides of the nipple (try to stay away from the end) a few swipes, put a little oil/grease/anti-rust on it, and install your new cap.
Awesome. Thank you.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote