View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about the heater and A/C

So it's getting relatively brick out here in NYC at night. For the sake of my gf's comfort, I'd blast the heat at 90F on max to get the car warmed up faster. Problem is that I have test pipes so the smell of gas gets into the cabin and is a little bothersome. I notice every time I press the Recirculation button, it also turns on the A/C. If I turn off the A/C, it also changes the shutter to Fresh Air automatically every time. I don't understand why it does that and seems counterintuitive for the A/C to want to come on to cool the air when I'm trying to heat the cabin up, plus lower my MPG. What gives?
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote