View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantme1 View Post
i'm the 3rd owner, first owner had it for for approx 30k and replaced the master cylinder at 27k second owner drove it till about 35k and i've had it ever since so it's hard to say how it was treated.

I'm thinking i may have the guy tear it down to replace the the slave cylinder and if the clutch looks worn then replace it then. But i'm curious to know what others are getting out of their clutches wit good driving and hard driving. I know there are some driver's out there that go like a bat out of hell.
You have a good idea. Tear it down and go from there.

My car, I'm the second owner. I bought it with 6800 miles on it. Currently there is 10,000 miles on it and I just replaced the clutch, flywheel, CSC only because I'm installing a Boosted Performance twin scroll turbo kit (+500 whp). Anyways, the stock clutch and flywheel looked new still. I would guess your clutch will be fine too. But you can't go wrong with playing it by ear like you already mentioned.