View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #42 (permalink)
Grindkiezer
Track Member

Drives: A Car
Grindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDC_OFF View Post
use a lot of patience and try to do short sections along the curve and long strips around the straights. Also make sure you sand in side that edge good because you dont want the paint to peel off when you take the tape off. Here he sanded after he taped which is a better idea then what i did which was sanding before. I had to be carefull not to take the gloss off the parts i didnt want painted. For a clean line, I suggest using the blue tape that says edge lock or something like that. Regular blue tape sucks imo and I have to touch up some parts. Keep some paint thinner handy just incase you mess up. You can dab a little on a cloth and wipe it right off if you have over spray somewhere.
I've tried to plasti dip it 3 times now and every time, no matter how much I spray (to peel it when it's wet) or how soon I try to peel the tape off after that, the edges lift so I just end up removing the whole thing rather than just having a ghetto looking paint job on it. I might just end up doing a CF wrap or flat black wrap on it, but we'll see.