View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
2011 Nismo#91
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowly
2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianD View Post
Hi all,

What are major issues that I should consider? I have read about the oil temp. issue; anything else?
Thanks,
Ciprian
Welcome,

Besides the not really an issue oil temp issue.

1. Oil consumption. Check your oil at least ever 1k miles. Probably 500miles till you get a feel of how much if any is being consumed.

2. Paint. It's thin, plan on getting some clear bra or a repaint in the future if you drive on the highway.

3. Road noise, its more then normal cars but nothing you cant get used to our install some sound proofing.

4. Fuel gauge. About 50 miles to before you see movement from a full tank. Sometimes slow to register the last light after a fill up. After half tank it drops noticeably faster then the first half. When below a quarter take avoid taking sharp or long fast right turns, take them easy or you might get fuel starvation.

5. Steering wheel lock. Not sure if this was fixed on new models I think it was but eventually they fail leaving you stranded till its replaced. Simple solution when its unlocked pull the fuse for it.

6. Not really an issue but you can't rotate tires on the Z, well you could but that'd just be silly.

7. Manual only: 2nd gear can be a little difficult from time to time.

8. VLSD wears out over time 30-50k miles and it will be an open differential.

I think that's the extent of the "issues" with the car. Nothing really bad most cars have similar issues just most owners don't car as much as we do.
2011 Nismo#91 is offline   Reply With Quote