View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #283 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kactussjack View Post
Just had the column lock failure last Thursday @ 17,500 miles. Rev C. It best be covered under warranty.

I saw in a few posts up that a rev E failed. Does anyone know if Nissan actually fixed the problem or a just replacing the part & it could happen again? GM did something like this on the C-5 vettes. They even had a recall, but it only solved the column lock problem on the auto, not the manual. I'm thinking that the bypass harness I saw in another thread may be worthwhile still.
Nobody knows if they actually fixed the steering lock with the latest revisions.

Nissan obviously knows about the problem because they removed the Steering Lock module from the 2012 and newer models completely.