View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

I no longer do any kind of tracking, but in theory yes a MT would fare better. I have read of a few guys that track the 7AT and seem to enjoy it.

For me the clutch engagement point and feel just does not exist in this car. Even with an aftermarket helper spring. It also never seems to act the same from one time I drive it to the next, (this is starting in 1st and transfer to 2nd gear) it’s very odd.

HOWEVER for spirited driving the MT is more fun than the 7AT in my book. That is just based on feeling more in control even though the AT has lightning fast response in manual mode and blips the throttle.

My first response was based on your daily driving habbits and neither of my Z's are daily drivers. So I guess you will need to determine on your own what works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmoreau View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Mr and Mrs. Can you expand on why you find this 6MT very annoying to drive?

If I wanted to take the car on the track one day or do auto cross wouldn't I be better with a manual transmission?
That 240 is stunning!