View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely like seeing vendors expertise contributing to this thread. I'm happy to see that both options are available. It seems the performance differences are very minor between the two. I would venture to say TT's have a slight advantage in performance. I think that someone bringing forth a twin scroll option was overdue. It seems a bit more cost effective compared to a twin turbo setup. At least we have a reference as to the benefits of each available to us in one spot. Lastly I can't know for sure unless I had 20k+ burning a whole in my pocket with a lot of time to test both. It does sound entertaining though.

Edit: Just read the majority of that thread. I does a good job illustrating the benefits of twin turbo's. You also mentioned the cost difference as well. I still find both competitive with respect to the market they play. And again, like yuu said, it is preferential to the consumer on what they think is better for them; lower cost and slower boost response, and higher cost faster boost response. But even then, with the twin scroll, I don't see difference in response to be that far off the mark of TT's. Thanks again for the contributions.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 10-09-2012 at 02:44 AM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote