View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

So I read the article, I understand how the twin scroll works and it's benefits. I guess I'm trying to see where TT's would be more advantageous than the twin scroll. You mentioned that TT's with equal length headers would be the best combo, but all I see are short manifolds coming with the kits. Is it a packaging issue? If it were the case, why not install the turbo's farther down or create an equal length header package that fits? Is it because we can just kick up the boost to make up for the inefficiencies?

I'm definitely more of a function over form kind of guy. I prefer, and would pay the extra coin to run at a higher efficiency than take the easy road. Turbo guys always say just turn up the boost to make lost power, and I think to myself, that methodology only goes so far. It's the same methodology of the 60's, stuff a bigger motor in it to improve performance. If we stayed that route, we'd all have big blocks and getting 5mpg. Don't get me wrong though, there is a reason why those cars are still coveted. When we have companies like Mazda pushing 14.0:1 compression on a 2 liter motor and can run 87 octane, what are they doing they everyone isn't?

Sorry, went off on a tangent and got lost in my thoughts. Am I making sense here?

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote