View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Staples
Track Member

Drives: '08 Infiniti G37s
Staples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC671 View Post
I see your SC'ed but do you have "Direct experience" with nitrous? A direct port is the best way to go but don't believe its nesseccary or the "only" way to be safe.

With a tune you can do anything, thats a given. Just cause you run a direct port doesn't mean you won't run into issues. It just minimizes factors more.

As far as a 75 shot being too big, is this by first hand knowledge? Because using the stock map and spraying a 100 shot. My datalogs show that my AFR is running rich at a 10.xx according to Randy at UpRev.
I stated it was a gamble... and it is.
Anytime you run Nitrous through the intake you don't know how much each cylinder is getting since the stock intake manifold isn't meant to run a gas or liquid through it. I don't have personal experience, BUT other people have, including someone that blew their motor for me to learn from their mistakes.

You also didn't read the part that said, "I wouldn't run anything over..." That's my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Also, air fuel isn't the only factor in tuning. You can run rich as hell and still detonate.