View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Compdoc777
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo #4 MB
Compdoc777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
If I buy a Nismo, I would ended up in SK1 classes in auto-x to compete again z4, m coupes, and newer corvets.
I have the Nismo and I have gone up against the z4 and the new m coupes and destroyed them. Corvette not yet, but with my tire upgrade to r spec. I am sure I can take out a few vetts at the track with ease.

Since I have both 370z sport and Nismo. I can tell you that I would rather have a vehicle tuned and built by the people who build the GTR the the 370z off the regular line.

The harder I push the nismo the better it responds. The faster I go the better it handles. Braking from high speeds is intense. I know both have the same brakes, but the Nismo seems to brake much better from high speeds 100+

Sure you can buy upgrades and bolt the on like, coil overs, sway bars, springs and other. Yet you don't have any of it tuned. It is just a mix of different parts designed with performance in mind not tested and tuned at a track for the best handling by the people design and build the GTR for the whole package.

It's like Jeremy says on TopGear when you buy a sports car buy it and use it to the limits buy the best performance model they make, because you will regret not getting it later when someone pulls up to you at a light or track and smokes you. If you plan to drive sports car like a spanner then get ford mondeo.

on mods: Unless you have a racing team that can fine tune all the adjustments and changes upgrades made by upgrades you are just wasting your money. The more fiddly bits the more experience it will take adjust it just the way you need it.

The Nismo was made to take to the track and enjoy with a versatile tune and handling package setup for a array of performance, aero, engine, chassis, and suspension. Also handle the city roads with ease.

Last edited by Compdoc777; 09-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote