View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

I just sold my 06 g35 coupe to Carmax lately and here is what I can tell you. I have a buddy owns a lot sale cars and we put my car on sale this April. Price was same as KBB retail price. Only 2 hits in 2 monthes and both bailed out. After 2 monthes we dropped the price below the KBB value still no bite. In September, I started to take my car to all the dealerships asking for appraisal. From Infiniti to Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Hyndai... I don't have a job so I have plenty of time. The results are very disapointing. They all offered 5k below the KBB trade in value. A side note, I converted my g35 to stock. The car has no accident, paint is in great condition and it runs excellent. So I took it to Carmax at last, surprisingly they offerred me 2-3K above other dealerships. I tried few more car dealerships afterwards in 7 days, no one can beat Carmax offer though it's still below the KBB trade in value by 2k. I was very happy at that point and sold my car to Carmax.

Here is my opinion... Private sale will give you the best $$. But a rwd sports car is not very popular in our region nowadays especially the winter is coming. Even I could offer finance and I had plenty of time to sale it, no luck for the entire summer. If you plan on sale it yourself, you have to be prepared it's gonna take a long time + insurance + tax + maintenance and other headaches. Otherwise if you plan on sell it back to dealerships, Carmax is the best place to go first.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote