View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSFastah View Post
*shrug*

I guess I'm coming at this from a different perspective after driving the Camaro SS for a year...but...the Z just doesn't "FEEL" fast to me yet. Hot or cold. It's definitely "quick"...and is clearly the superior car when thrashing through corners....but I miss the big V8 for the press you back into seat and then THROW you violently down the road feeling.

I'm thinking it's gonna take a TT setup up to help. Having ridden in a Z configured that way, I think it's gonna be a must have for my long term satisfaction with this car. It's just too underwhelming power-wise, otherwise.
I feel you but when you buy a Z. You have to search for a different auto-orgasm. lol. I choose to live mine in the corners. You play different auto-orgasm games to have car fun. Usually in the camaro its done at a red light or on the highway (60-150mph etc). You have to find new and more interesting games in a lighter, better sport-suspension tuned car like the Z. A game I love to play is... How fast can I take a 90 degree turn. Another game is, how fast can i exit off this clear highway donut.
I never race, just compare my own stats too past ones. Also, you get some good jolt in the Z if you change your gears between 5500-6500 rpm'sish. with a combination of being aggressive on the pedal. It'll feel pretty fast with a penalty of about 16-17mpg's lol.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote