View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #2470 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
So I am in the market for a cheap, reliable and compact rifle...which means I am looking for an AK. I have read a lot about 7.62 vs 5.45 and have decided that I am going for the latter.

Is this a dumb idea considering the lesser availability of the ammo? Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer for a civilian version AK-74?
AK-47 (not AK-74) is 7.62mm. AR-15/M4 is 5.56mm (not 5.45). You said you've read a lot about 7.62 vs. 5.56* and that you're going for the latter (which would mean you're going for an AR), but then you ask for a recommendation for an AK rather than an AR. Can you please clarify? lol
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote