View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Disagree.

I can certainly afford the Touring but decided against it. I personally think buying a Touring and not opting for navigation makes very little sense, so fully loaded, this car runs a hair north of $40K. I see that as paying $40K for a jazzed up $29K car, or a 30%+ increase in price. In that price-range, your options open up to a whole new level of car, most notably an almost brand new 2008 or 2009 Corvette (by almost brand-new, I mean <5K miles), late E46 M3, 335i, <10K mile CLK550, etc. Of course, I know you can't compare a used car to a brand-new one, but your options are there (I would never buy a used car unless it had <10K miles and a good portion of the warranty remaining anyway). Don't forget, those have already been titled, so if you change your mind and sell it a year later, you will lose relatively nothing.

This is a sports-car, and one of the purest available on the market. If heated-leather, Bluetooth, navigation, etc. are a priority in a car, shop elsewhere. The Base with the Sport package offers you a no-frills performance car at a price-level which can't be matched by many other, be it new or very slightly used.

I often see cars optioned out to the till, making me question why they didn't chose to buy a different model in the first place. Porsche makes the perfect example, where you can option out a base Cayman to more than a 911 Carrera S.

It all comes down to what you want. So what if a fully optioned Z costs more than a lightly used Vette? If you want the Z, get the Z.

Same thing with the Cayman. Yeah, you can get up into the 911 price category, but that doesn't mean you should buy the 911. If you want the Cayman, get the Cayman!

And I don't see any reason why you should look elsewhere if heated seats, bluetooth, etc. are key buying points. Off the showroom floor a 370Z Touring is not only a great sports car but it's also a great daily driver. Who says you can't have both in a car? That's just stupid.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote