View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Las Vegas, yes very hot, I was in Joshua Tree for a few years and the heat really takes a toll on cars..

Couple of thing we did was Pep-boys has got a thermal sheet 48x60 i think. Nice and thick, lay it out and razor blade strips. There is enough to do 2 layers on both tubes out past the radiator. That should keep intake cool and low cost. Exhaust wrap will work but not as thick as the thermal stuff.

Also to keep cars & trucks cool you can wrap your headers and exhaust about 1/2 way back. Keeps the gases hot which flows quicker. Cold in, hot out, doesn't make much difference until you start driving hard. Only helps by a few degrees. I did it to my rock buggy, driving 5 mph in 100 degrees you try every trick in the book.

Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote