View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig11 View Post
  • Centric rotors. Avoid drilled rotors.
  • No experience with the pads so I'll leave that. I love my Carbotech Bobcats/1521s
  • Ford 3 prong style bleeder 0107/0117 is correct.
  • Super Blue of those listed (It's cheapest and works fine track or street). Don't use DOT 5.1 fluid.
Why not use DOT 5.1 ...... I would have thought don't use DOT 5 which is silicone-based and prone to frothing in an ABS system with the predictable outcome.

DOT 5.1 is not to be confused with DOT 5.1 - as it is an ester-based fluid with a (relatively high dry boiling point).

As with all non-silicone based fluids, they need to be flushed and replaced periodically (I do mine annually).

Most armed services do use silicone-based fluids in their vehicles (I know the Australian Army does) since it is not hydroscopic (won;t absorb water) BUT it is not compatible with automotive ABS systems.

So I would be using DOT 5.1 - even in a DD, and schedule a flush and change of fluid every 24 months as a maximum
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote