View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
na can be badass on these vq's. idk if anyone caught this months modified (or superstreet. cant remember) but it had an article on an 04ish 350z that was a built NA car and it was making 377whp. thats with the old single mani configuration too. 400whp na is not unattainable for our cars
you won't even come close to 400whp with anything streetable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKraken22 View Post

NA delivers strength and reliability to your Z but a TT Z is a time bomb. Going FI and if your car is your DD you will have headaches and issues and your car will be down one time or another no matter if it is a small issue or big issue.
FI is the best way to get power we all know that but it's to risky to me because if my motor goes bomb im screwed. But that's me, that's my opinion!
surely you are joking.

I am continually stunned every time I look at this thread, and people are pushing the "NA=reliable" claim. In reality, at power level that are even REMOTELY comparable, you are going to see better reliability with boost every time.

You can get to 400ish whp no problem with mild boost and a conservative tune, and probably run the car for 100k+. Trying to get to even 360whp NA is going to mean cracking the engine open, and running a significantly more aggressive tune...not to mention probably cutting down on the air intake filtration. Look at the 350 Megan370z posted... it is running ITBs, and a hella aggressive tune, not to mention all the other crap. Trying to wrench power out of an NA build means a whole lot more risk to the engine, all with a much lower reward.

If SS wants to do it because he can afford it, I'll be one of the first people to subscribe to the build thread, but if he does it, it should be with eyes wide open to the risks.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote