View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 2013 Hyundai Turbo Veloster

Just picked it up Saturday (15 Sept) after placing an order on the 6th of July!

Review to come.....

Edit: one week update....

Well, let's run down the mechanical first.
The 1.6L direct injection gas engine is peppy and uses the 200+ Hp and Approx 200ft/lbs of torque effectively delivering extremely smooth acceleration and power. However it is a bit too smooth I think. My wife loves it but it feels anaemic next to the Z.
Clutch feel is soft and engagement point is hard to discern. Coupled with a near silent exhaust, I managed to stall the car at least once. Oops.
Steering response is solid with good feel and feedback. Body roll is noticeable but not intrusive. The solid leather seats are very comfortable and hold you well in the corners.
Overall fit and finish is impeccable. Very impressed with the build quality.
Fuel economy is good but as the car is new I only expect it to get better. Averaging 8.8L /100km right now. Hwy should be about 5.2
The paint has surpassed all of my expectations of quality and look. It is dead sexy. The matte finish is like silk to the touch and has an even coat and finish. Still have not received the Dr.Beasly's matte care kit for the car so I will review that when it comes.

More to come!

Now the wife wants to race me....

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal

Last edited by wheee!; 09-21-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Review part 1!
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote