View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I simply used the Z as a reference in my first post! The Focus rides not much softer than the Z and it doesn't handle anywhere like a sports car. Is it a good thing to ride similar like the Z? Of course not, well unless you think the Z rides like a Mercedes. I am not sure why you take so much offense to it, I was knocking the Focus, not the Z.

Tell me once the turbo hits on the BRZ...

I did two sessions in a GT3. I got as much as I need out of it. It's too expensive for me to track like you said.

I am still kind of puzzled at how a Focus bashing turned into Z bashing? I just purely want to bring up the crappy Ford Focus I rented at work last week. I had high expectations for it given all the hypes that the magazine gave it, yet I had nothing but headache with that car. I moved onto a Subaru Legacy this week, it's better but still $hitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
1.Why are you even comparing a C-class to a Z? You shouldn't even be expecting a ride comparison as they are two toally different driving concepts.

2. The BRZ is a good car but has already been outclassed by the older miata and loses around the track to the gencoupe. The new miata will most likely be coming next year and will be even lighter. Talks of FI are circulating too... Sot the only thing i see the brz having an advantage in is being a true coupe hardtop and 4 seats.
3. Rx8 costs as much as a brz and it gains it by 32hp. It's other comp, gencoupe 2.0 kills it by 74hp. Its other comp, the miata is underpowered by 42hp yet is a better handler. Want to talk about hype? I give you the toyobaru. The ricers dream. Now don't get me wrong. I would DD that car in a heartbeat. But corporate hype is giving it a name and it hasnt eclipsed any comp. At least in the first year, the Z was killing stangs and GTO's and the 2010 camaro SS tune was not as good so the Z was keeping up.
4. You drive 997's on trac ks all the time? Good for you. I can only afford to be on one maybe 3x a year if im fortunate enough to. But remember a bunch of modded cars on a track isn't the end all be all of opinions when comparing DD's.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion. But i don't know why you are so perplexed by opposing opinions. My experience with the focus was it gave just enough firmness to feel sporty. It's not a benchmark car but its good,
As far as why we are talking about the ST? It's the focus submodel of interest... Besides weren't you the one who whined about "Do you like it so much cuz it comes in turbo?" It's a thread, its how shyt is discussed. You don't like it? It's your thread... Close it. Anyway im outta here. I shoulda known better to come into one of your threads.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote