View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Your car ran pretty crappy for those mods pre tune, especially for a Nismo (If you were using a dynojet) For them to bust out 23whp from a tune, I'd say that was definitely worth it. I'm comparing that to my experiences below.

My baseline was 270whp 225lbft tq on a brand new MT. I added headers and exhaust with a HFC and I jumped to 300 without tuning, on a dynojet. But that was measured in DIN, SAE is probably closer to 265 and 293 hp. A month later I added an AEM CAI and NST pulley's and jumped to 316whp and 245lbft of tq, again no tuning. After fighting an SES light and running super rich, I got it tuned. This time just before tuning with all the mods, I only made 281whp... So I went from 316 to 281, same car same dyno, same mods. Big diff though were temps. the 316 Dyno was in March, the 281 dyno was in early August. But like you, after tuning, I jumped back up to 306 whp and 236lbft tq with tuning.

I still think something is funny going on with the car, but point is, you picked up a lot of ponies with 2 mods and a tune. Anyone else thinking of tuning with a modded vehicle, as Nike would say "Just Do It"

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote