View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. As for taking this car to the track, I'm definitely concerned over reliability and temps. I feel I can work around the temp issues. The oil cooler I have has way more than enough to cool oil on a boosted motor. I think an upgraded radiator and fan unit will handle the fluid temps fairly well. Now I feel that different types of boosted applications are going to affect some component of the vehicle more than the other. Turbo's will definitely put a lot more stress on the driveline. The amount of torque they create and how it builds it's power is not linear like an NA Z powerband. There is a torque surge and hp starts shooting for the moon. Does anyone know how 5th and 6th gears handle this power on a MT tranny? Now with the supercharger, it puts more stress on the motor as it's belt driven and requires it to spin faster to reach similar power levels as a turbo. Centrifugal superchargers build power very smoothly, but it's not an off the line rocket like a roots type or a fast spooling turbo/s.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote