View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #133 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
The stock Stillen pulley is 3.12 the smaller pulley 9 pound you have is 2.75 that's pretty small. That's the reason I did the cog pulleys when I had the kit better grip plus boost comes on sooner ,even better than the 9 pound pulley . Since you have the T trim you would need to switch in order to take advantage if the blower it self . The thing that concerns me with doing this is all the other mods you have to do to the kit I it runs hot . This is the reason I sold mine with my built motor .
The pulleys available will be:

2.62"
2.87"
3.12"
3.25"
3.33...ect

These are right from Vortech, so unless it is a custom pulley, it won't be 2.75".

Also, looking at the spec/flow of the V3 supercharger 500whp+ should be no problem at all with an air/air FMIC. I would get rid of the Stillen water/air cooling system and go back to the OEM plenum. That way you can put the MAF sensor in the proper location, and have a solid S/C kit capable of solid power.

A quick search...

Stillen uses a Vortech V3 head unit: 1150cfm (for an Si, and 1050cfm for the SCi)
GTM Stage II uses a Rotorex 38-91: 1075cfm (I think advertised as Stage II 600hp)

So an educated guess suggests that with the air/air FMIC mod, the Stillen kit would make 600hp. At least this time Stillen picked a good supercharger to start with vs. the horrible decision they made with the 350z.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 09-10-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote