View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
mlambie
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
mlambie is on a distinguished road
Default Cruise control instrumentation

Hi everyone,

We got our Zeds on Saturday, moving from 350s. There's a couple of things that seem to have slipped backwards, and the cruise control indicators is one of them.

On the 350Z, when you turned CC on, a CRUISE light would engage on the dashboard. When you turned it off, it would disengage. When you set a cruise speed, a SET light would engage, and when you cancelled it would disengage. If you turned CC off while cruising, both lights would disengage.

In the 370Z, when you turn CC on a CRUISE light comes on. When you turn it off, the CRUISE light goes off. When you set a cruise speed, nothing happens. When you cancel a cruise speed, nothing happens.

I really liked having the SET light show me that CC was engaged at that speed (and don't get me started on the lack of digital speed readout).

However, in the manual, on page 2-20 you can see a diagram of different graphics displayed on the Vehicle Information Display. Number 10 related to cruise control (except for Europe), which I would have thought was Australia.

Yet in section 5 of the manual, the visual display section is skipped over for outside Europe.

Does anyone know how I get my SET light back?
mlambie is offline   Reply With Quote