View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
Akuma's intake requires a revised table because it uses larger diameter piping and does not neck down at the MAF. The MAF will read differently and so the maps need to be adjusted. Larger diameter also means a bit more low end torque, which is better for a street car since prior CAI's see their best gains at the highest end of the powerband (think 6000+, a bit overkill for street driving).

Cobb did make an AccessPort for the 09, unfortunately, some drivers reported a lot of detonation and misfiring. Sometime early in 2010 Cobb completely dropped all support for the VQ37. People can still use the AccessPorts just like you'd use Osiris, but you don't get support from the manufacturer anymore.

I am looking forward to seeing these come out; unfortunately their release is not timed well for me. I'd have to sit on these intakes until I get around to buying Osiris anyway.
i'm the opposite i've been sitting on my osiris tuner since january now waiting on the intakes lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony