View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
5 years is too soon for a totally new next gen Z. They can't really justify a new powertrain just yet, so Direct Injection is definitely the only feasable route for Nissan. It makes sense if they just want to hit the 400hp mark for the Nismo. It would be awesome just for "bragging" rights, but I'll probably wait for the completely redesigned model if/when I decide to get a new one. This thread, like so many others is pure fantasy and wishfull thinking...
Historically, a Z generation is 6 years... But why cant we have a totally new engine for the next generation? The VQ is in business in the infiniti lineup and not going anywhere... There's plenty of vehicles in VQ35's as of right now that can use the VQ37 bump. The M-hybrid, EX, FX, I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen Murano & Maxima sees the VQ37 as well. I can agree that the VQ may see more efficient transmissions and possibly DI technology in the future. But it doesn't have to be in the Z. An exclusive powerplant will give the Z... well true exclusivity. Also analyze this fact...
If Nissan goes with the turbo 4. They will AGAIN be competing with the Porsche Cayman. Dig into the archives and see how important it has historically been for nissan to rival porsche performance since the Z32. It's what makes the most sense...
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote