View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #2614 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Up until I bought the 370, the 240 was my DD and I put about 20,000 miles per year on it. When I first had the 370, I would alternate cars and then began driving the 370 exclusively about a year ago.

I was having a serious idling issue with the 240 that we just got around to looking at last week and it is solved -- it was a bad fit between one of the carbs and the spacer plate to the intake manifold, making it impossible to tune. But it was just sitting around so the problem went unresolved.

About a month ago, I got a wild idea -- put the 240 back on the road.

So a buddy who's an old school Z expert, Colin and I are getting her back in shape. I have lots of little things that I want to do in the next six months or so.

Driving-wise the 2 cars are very different. If you do not mind the noise and the 41 year-old Datsun smell, then consider the 240 a better handling vehicle. I am not really a big fan of power steering and the 240 handles/steers QUICK and very flat. Of course, some modified steering components and suspension work help. The 370 is faster and more comfortable. Also, I am positive the 370 will get me where I am going without the little "what could break" thing the 240 causes me to have in the back of my head.

Last, the exhaust sounds is very much better on the 240 -- header to pipe to Dynaflow = music to my ears.
Wow.. 20k miles per year, the 240z really hold up very good there

I believe it would be fun to tune it up and use it as a weekend fun car, attending car meet and events, with its good condition under your hand, I bet it must draw more attentions than the 370z..

Within my family, only my brother and myself are more into autos, and we have little experience with classic sports car, I think it must be fun to drive with a classic like the Z cos the raw sports-car feeling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo89 View Post
morning all.... relaxing day today after the sweaty day yesterday, celebrating Dads b day today (even though it was a few days ago) turned 59.

morning Alcheng, Cherry, Happy, Onezedge and everyone else
Hey Nismo89!! Happy B-day to your pal!!!

Coincidentally, today is my mom's b-day too... gonna have a family dinner tonight