View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 plus View Post
Thats the reason I went with a Z1 kit...I was impressed with the quality of the hose terminations. Good angles, both the 90 as well as the 60 degree angles. Only concern was the recommended final positions for the line attach points at the sandwich plate...You had to find a happy mid point between one fitting hitting base of motor mount and the other hitting alternator. My final position was approx. 1/8 inch from mount...I don't believe the mount has any movement at that point so like you for the first 1000 miles I'll be removing lower engine shield on my weekends and inspect the fittings.
After my failure, I had a hydraulic shop make me some 3000 psi hoses, but then I needed a larger core, so I went with the Z1 race kit myself.