View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
kfull
Track Member

Drives: A lot
kfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
For me I just wanted the darkest (5%) tint for the look and to keep the cabin from getting scolding hot during the summer, but it sounds like you don't want it too dark so I would go with a ceramic to keep out the heat if that is an issue. Other than that and most importantly, tell them to tuck the front corners of your side windows as far as possible or they will start to peel out on the front, the reason being is they're not settled yet and your not supposed to touch your windows for at least a few days, however with our Z's (and many other newer cars) the windows roll down about a half inch every time you open the door and back up every time you close it which sucks for tint.

Just tell them to tuck it in good on the side windows and everything else should be cake. Mine peeled right away in the front corner so I just took a razor blade to it and cut a small piece of the corner out to stop it from peeling more, hardly noticeable.
Good point on the window thing when we open our doors...didn't even think of that
kfull is offline   Reply With Quote