View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compdoc777 View Post
Driving both the Nismo and the 370 sport I can tell you the handling on both is great. The Nismo is much more stiff and the rebound leave you able to feel the road a little more. I know when I get on the cars they both perform great yet when I get insane with the car the Nismo shows its prowless. The Nismo is bumpy and loud, but in the correct hands it's a powerful car and properly setup.

Add some r spec tires to the mix and your are on rails. The Nismo feels like i am glued to the pavement. The other day I took a corner I could only do about 40 around in them 370 sport and took it at 60 in the Nismo. The car never under steered or over steered and I was pulling so hard in the turn that I realized that I need a 5 point harness and nothing loose in my car.
I think you just feel more confident in the NISMO because body-roll is buttoned down a bit more. The Sport and NISMO both pull near identical slalom numbers and skidpad numbers.

Could be wrong, though. Never drove a NISMO, but I know my Z06 inspired more confidence because it has 0 body roll compared to my Sport. However, it was false confidence. The Z06 WILL slide. You just get your feedback from the tires more than the body-lean. Better that way.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote