View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #50 (permalink)
Nikkolai
Base Member

Drives: Boss 302, Frontier
Nikkolai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Both, it just has horrible rebound control. My Z06, when it hit a bump, I felt the bump, and that was it. In my 370Z, I hit a bump, and then it catches air (compared to the Z06). I have provoked TC at 80mph on the freeway hitting dips with cruise-control on it's so bad. It's like a damn pogo-stick. Bouncy bouncy bouncy. Needs better shocks, I just don't feel like spending the $$ on them right now because then I would obsess over the poor weight dist. Then I would obsess over something else. Screw it. It's a cheap sporty coupe with a nice interior and great styling, and I feel like I got my money's worth with it. Better than a cheap supercar with a junk interior (considering I don't do HPDE's), lol. No regrets, just a few critiques.

After 10K miles experience in my 270Z, I think Nissan needs to:

-Fix the rebound control issues. (Maybe NISMO is better?)
-tighten up the front end so that it feels crisper turning into corners. (Maybe the stiffer NISMO fixes that, I have not driven one).

It's much worse with the Nismo. I've done the same with bumps on the freeway. It felt scary and thought I'd lose control of the car hitting the bumps. I've been in my friend's 09 Z06 and that car definitely behaves a lot more with bumps.
Nikkolai is offline   Reply With Quote