View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #229 (permalink)
mbowler
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z PW M6
mbowler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinojos View Post
I've read absolutely every post on this thread. Now you can call it lack of sleep or stupidity but I'm completely lost. All these words are just confusing the s*** out of me. I'm a visual learner and I have absolutely no experience with wiring of any sort. I ordered the jdm version and I want it to be on when my headlights are on and I also want it to function as a brake light(if that makes any sense). Someone please point me In a general direction. More than willing to rep anyone that helps. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeb0x View Post
the JDM version comes with a single filament bulb 7440, and thus it always looks like the light is "braking" when it is on.

if you want it on as a parking light when driving, and brighter when you hit the brakes... then you have to obtain a dual filament light bulb harness 7443 to achieve this.

there's pictures of the general install on the first page of this thread, and if you search my posts i explain how i did it with a Lexus IS300 brake lightbulb harness.

Here's a write up I did recently on how to achieve this by modifying the fog light assembly and wiring diagram.

Rear Foglight - Running light AND brake light
Performance Clutch Helper Spring - K&N Panel Filters - Z1 Post MAF Tubes Appearance 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Rear Diffuser - Dual Element Rear Foglight - GTR Ignition Button - Xpel Self-Healing Film - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Audio/Visual Car Kit Co Bypass Kit
mbowler is offline   Reply With Quote