View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrain View Post
I think it's funny how Nissan originally got pissed that the Juke-R and build videos were labeled as Nissan, but weren't actually from the car company. The Juke-R was created by someone else.

Now that the Juke-R has gained popularity, Nissan is backing them up now lol.
Like MC said, it was the Nissan Europe arm that did this so still Nissan. Japan just didn't know about it until late into the project.

Quote:
AutoExpress-What do you think of the Juke R? Were you involved in the project?

Mizuno-No no, I was never contacted about this. The project is nothing to do with the GT-R, it’s a Nissan Europe project. In fact the team that works on the GT-R and the Juke team don’t know each other at all.

AE-So were you angry when you heard about it?

Mizuno-A little bit because I’m proud of the GT-R team, they are all well trained and work hard and honestly. It’s a pure and precious project, not one that needs to be publicised by putting the engine in another model.
I find it funny that he is upset over this, even a little bit. I would have been exstatic if I were in his position. To have another branch of the company take my work and adapt it to work in another form would be a prtty big compliment imo.

Also, I think the Juke-R was more about promoting the Juke, not the GTR.
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote