View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
And SixPax, EBC make great pads but every pad reacts differently to each car. Why don’t you just use Carbo Tech XP/10’s? We know that the CarboTech’s work great on our cars. Why experiment with other pads?

Remember, I tried to use a set of Porterfield R-4’s that morning. Porterfield is a recognized name in brake pads. But the brake judder was so intense I had to pit after 3 laps and swap my well worn CarboTechs back in for the rest of the weekend.

And if anyone is interested, there is a $500 set of barely used Porterfield R-4’s in the trash can across from the gas pumps.
I hear ya Mike ... I guess it is the pioneer in me, just figured I would try something different in case it was better than what anyone has done thus far. I think when I go back it will indeed be for a full weekend, and I think I am going to try both the XP10's and some EBC Reds and Yellow. I'm not going to be comfortable out there until I can get something I have confidence in. Also will get the brake ducting done ... hopefully I can stay out there longer than 8 laps LOL.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote