View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
djrelic
Base Member

Drives: 09' Touring 6spd
djrelic is on a distinguished road

I just installed mine this afternoon.

The install is pretty straight forward: just undo both safety switch harnesses, pop out the wire holder that holds the bottom one, use a 12m deep socket to take out the 3 bolts that hold the whole assembly comes out. Replace the clutch fork with the one in the kit. Bolt up the new assembly and slide the new pedal in that comes with the kit.

Only stuff I got hung up on during the install was getting the fork off the first time, wasnt thinking about it in terms that the bolt after the fork needs to spin to the right to get the fork to come off, mounting the bracket perfectly so all threads can come through.

I drove it around the first time how it came out of the box and it felt like I had maybe about 3 inches of pedal play, it was too close to the floor for me the way it was engaging.. I raised it up a bit and now it seems better.

I dont know maybe if I didnt tighten something down enough but the pedal at the very top is kind of sloppy with some play to it.. but once you depress it, it's smooth. Idk I gotta drive it around a bit more and see.
djrelic is offline   Reply With Quote