View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Snakes709
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Evo-X GSR
Snakes709 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stino View Post
Here is my take on this topic. There is no denying that the STI and Evo are fast and very good handling vehicles. As a matter of fact I test drove them both before making the decision to buy my 370Z. When comparing all three, I felt the 370Z edged them both in all around performance.

However, what you're about to read was the big deal breaker for me not buying the STI or Evo. After test driving the Evo and walking out of the showroom with my son, he pointed to an elderly lady (around 70-80) and said "Dad! ... look, that old lady just purchased the car we drove." I had to explain to him that the older lady purchased a Lancer not an Evo. He said "No ... I remember it read Lancer on the back of the car we drove." And that's when it dawned on me ... "No way in hell am I buying a suped-up four door granny car. The same goes for the STI.

I wanted a two seater sports car and nothing else ... period. When you compare the styling/looks of the Z to the STI or Evo, they just don't compare. The Z looks freaking awesome.

So ask yourself this question. Do you want a suped-up four door granny car, or the three year in a row DSPORT Magazine sports car of the year.*

The choice is pretty simple!
thats all matter of opinion. When i owned a Cobalt SS/SC, my girlfriend and I went to look at a 2008 EvoX. The big turn off for me was it had 4 doors. I wanted a coupe 2 door. Then traded the Cobalt in for a 370z, then traded that in for my SRT-10. Then traded the SRT-10 in for my 2011 EvoX. I recently blew the engine in my evo and while im rebuilding it i picked up a 03 cavalier for $600. God damn it pisses me off not having 4 doors. It's such a pain in the *** having to either put my seats forward for someone to sit in the back or put **** in the trunk instead of just tossing it in the back seats.

As for the old granny 4 door car. Well this old granny car was picking on and beating up a 09 Viper ACR, 05 Viper (intake, headers, mid pipe, exhaust, throttle body and tune), 05 Corvette at the track. The only one in my run group that was a challange was a STi. Me and the driver of the STI were fighting for second place all day and only a tenth of a second between our lap times.

EvoX Time Attack #1 - YouTube

423hp EvoX GSR vs. 05 Viper - Time Attack - YouTube

imo, the EvoX is better then the 370z, and i've owned both and tracked both. The EvoX is better on and off the truck, end of story...lol.