Thread: Check the new Z
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

That's too much.

I take it this is your first manual transmission car, correct?

You should be able to get going really without much throttle at all. Out of habit I usually am at around 1,000 rpm off the line and don't "slip" the clutch for too long. It's a fairly quick engagement and the car has enough low-end torque to get going without much gas.

Really, just spend some time practicing... you'll get better as you spend more time with it. Try to do it with as little throttle as possible... 2,000-2,500 is too much and you'll wear out your clutch pretty quickly making a habit out of that.

Also, just a guess, but you seem pretty young... and maybe this is your first powerful car.... hate to sound like a parent but I've been there before having a pretty powerful car at 17... BE CAREFUL. If you don't know what you're doing you can lose the back end in a flash with this car. It's not very progressive at the limit... too much yaw and it's game over.

Don't take it the wrong way!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote