Thread: Tire wear
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
1st
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Platinum Z
1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute1st has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
No. Most performance tires have an "inside" and "outside" and cannot be swapped side to side without changing the rotation direction of the tire (changing rotation direction is bad).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Exactly this. You never rotate side by side with tires like these.
Thanks for the feedback had no clue come from fwd cars. Now I did some research and it looks like you just run the tires till low tread and time to change. Did a price check on the Bridgestone Potenza re050a that are factory on our cars and there expensive (Tire rack). I also read that on staggered setup we cannot rotated unless there asymmetrical tires per Tire rack. They also stated that this tire would be able to rotate side to side and is cheaper/all season. Continental*ExtremeContact DWS
Does anybody know of any other asymmetrical tires that you guys recommend that can be rotated side to side. Just trying get the most amount of miles out of the price. Thanks
1st is offline   Reply With Quote