View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #144 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

they went back to our fabricator to make changes to the level sensor mount. the stock level sensor on the drivers side hangs more towards the center of the opening. with the canister, it has to be offset to the very outside edge. its tricky to get the location and angle just right so that it doesnt interfere with the walls of the tank or the couple little baffles in there. pictures will show what i mean... we have a gas tank cut open here so we can see inside and check fitment stuff like that. we had to make the change. our location on our original prototype wasnt quite working due to the larger diameter of the production part.

i have also been working on the installation procedure... its a little more of a hassle than i had hoped. its still on the DIY level... nothing "hard", just a frustrating thing... fitting so much into such a small opening... requires some assembly inside the tank.